South of The Border Chicken Soup Recipe
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
step 1: Heat oil in large stock pot; add tortilla strips and fry, stirring until golden. Once golden remove tortillas and place on paper towel, lined plate. Try absorbing as much oil as possible.
step 2: Place onion and bell pepper into stock pot, over medium heat, and cook until soft.
step 3: Add garlic, stir in flour and gradually stir in chicken broth.
step 4: Add cooked chicken, frozen vegetables and chili powder and cook until thickened.
step 5: Sprinkle with tortilla strips before serving.