Southern Butternut Squash Recipe
- 3 cups mashed, cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 1/3 dash all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
step 2: Blend together the butternut squash, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, butter, vanilla, whipping cream, and sugar.
step 3: Pour into prepared casserole dish. Prepare topping, if desired: combine brown sugar, flour, 1/3 cup butter, and chopped nuts. Mix together and sprinkle over squash.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven until set and edges begin to bubble, 30 to 45 minutes.