Southwest Skillet Recipe
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 (6.0 ounce) package PASTA RONI® Four Cheese Flavor
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
step 1: In large skillet, brown ground beef until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add water, milk, and margarine or butter to skillet with beef. Bring to a boil.
step 2: Slowly stir in pasta, seasonings and chili powder. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Gently boil uncovered, 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
step 3: Stir in salsa and corn; return to a boil. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until pasta is slightly firm, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat. (Sauce will be thin.) Sprinkle cheese and Topping over pasta. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes for sauce to thicken. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.