Southwest Spaghetti Squash Casserole Recipe
- 1 serving cooking spray (such as Pam®)
- 1 (2 pound) spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
step 2: Place spaghetti squash, cut-side down, on the baking sheet.
step 3: Bake squash in the preheated oven until skin can easily be pierced with a fork and insides are tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven (leave oven on) and allow to rest until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Scrape out flesh with a fork and transfer to a large bowl; discard skins.
step 4: Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
step 5: Add undrained tomatoes, black beans, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic salt, and pepper to the spaghetti squash; stir well to combine. Spoon into the prepared dish and sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
step 6: Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve immediately.