Southwest Veg Medley Salad Recipe
- 4 cups Mann's Vegetable Medley
- 2 cups rainbow rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, mild, chunky style
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, (may substitute lemon juice)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, coarsely chopped (optional)
step 1: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add Mann's Vegetable Medley. Cook until water returns to a rolling boil, 1-2 minutes. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon and rinse under cold running water to cool; drain well.
step 2: Return the same pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until tender yet firm. Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain well. In a large bowl, combine Mann's Vegetable Medley with pasta, salsa, beans, lime juice, salt, cumin and cilantro; tossing gently to mix. If made in advance, cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours. Can be prepared 24 hours in advance.