Southwestern Bake Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (8.75 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- 5 cups crushed plain tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 large fresh tomato, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the garlic and onion; drain.
step 3: In a large mixing bowl, combine the meat mixture, chili powder, black beans, corn, sour cream and salsa. Stir until well blended.
step 4: Into a 9x13 inch baking dish, spoon enough of the beef mixture to cover the bottom. Arrange half of the crushed tortilla chips on top of the meat mixture and layer with 1 cup of Cheddar cheese. Spoon another layer of the meat mixture on top of the cheese layer, cover with remaining chips and layer with 1 cup of cheese. Spread final layer of meat mixture on top and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top. Top with diced tomato and green onions.
step 5: Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.