Southwestern Biscuits Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F.
step 2: COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add butter; cut in with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
step 3: STIR in egg, corn, chiles and cilantro; combine just until mixture holds together. Knead dough 10 times on well-floured surface. Pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut into 3-inch biscuits. Place on greased baking sheets.
step 4: BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.