Southwestern Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup Ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning mix
- 1 large stalk celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: HEAT oil in large skillet. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; cool.
step 2: COMBINE dressing, mayonnaise and seasoning mix in large bowl. Add chicken, celery, bell pepper and green onion; mix until well coated. Cover; refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or overnight. Stir in cheese before serving. Serve on torn lettuce or lettuce leaves (optional).