Southwestern Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
step 1: Mix lime juice and chili powder in medium glass or plastic bowl; stir in chicken. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes. Cut zucchini and yellow squash into thin slices.
step 2: Heat 12-inch skillet or wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil; rotate skillet to coat side.
step 3: Add chicken and marinade; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; rotate skillet to coat side. Add zucchini and yellow squash; stir-fry about 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add chicken, picante sauce and cilantro; cook and stir until hot.