Southwestern Cinnamon Steak Rub Recipe
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Cumin Seed
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Paprika
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Red Pepper
- 4 New York strip steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
step 1: In a small dry skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Remove from skillet. Crush seeds using a mortar and pestle, a spice mill, a clean coffee grinder or a rolling pin.
step 2: Combine brown sugar with all spices. Rub spice mixture evenly on both sides of steaks. Cover loosely and refrigerate 15 minutes
step 3: Broil or grill steaks until desired doneness.