Spaghetti Squash and Avocado Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 (2 ounce) cans sliced black olives, drained
- 2 avocados - peeled, seeded and sliced
step 1: In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, rosemary, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Shake well and refrigerate for 24 hours.
step 2: Halve squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place halves cut side down in a large saucepan; add water to a depth of two inches; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer squash 20 minutes. Drain off water; cool squash and shred into strands.
step 3: In a large bowl, combine the squash, mushrooms, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, olives and avocados. Pour vinaigrette over, toss gently to coat and serve.