Spaghetti With Red Clam Sauce Recipe
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, with juice
- 1 pound cooked and drained spaghetti
step 1: In a large pot combine the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, capers, minced garlic, sugar, parsley, garlic powder, salt, oregano, basil, black pepper and red pepper. Cover and bring to a boil.
step 2: Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 45 to 60 minutes. Add the clams plus some of their juice during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
step 3: Pour sauce over hot spaghetti.