Spiced Apple Butter Recipe
- 3 pounds apples, pears or peaches
- 3/4 cup apple juice, pear nectar or peach nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup Equal® Spoonful*
step 1: Peel and core or pit fruit; slice. Combine prepared fruit, fruit juice and spices in Dutch oven. Bring to boiling; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until fruit is very tender. Cool slightly.
step 2: Puree in batches in blender or food processor or with food mill. Return to Dutch oven. Simmer, uncovered, over low heat until desired consistency, stirring frequently. (This will take 10 minutes to 1-1/2 hours.)
step 3: Remove from heat; stir in Equal(r). Transfer to freezer containers or jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Store up to 2 weeks in refrigerator or up to 3 months in freezer.