Spiced Beef Stew Recipe
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup beer
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C).
step 2: In Dutch oven over medium-high heat, melt butter or margarine. Cook beef in two batches until browned, stirring often. Remove beef from Dutch oven and set aside. Stir in flour.
step 3: Add broth, beer, onion, garlic, brown sugar, thyme and bay leaf. Heat to boil. Return beef to dish. Cover and bake at 350 degree F(175 C) for 1 1/2 hours.
step 4: Add mixed vegetables. Cover and bake for 1 hour, or until beef is done. Remove bay leaf and serve.