Spiced Turkey Roast Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless turkey roast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Place turkey in a roasting pan, and rub with olive oil. Combine the cinnamon, cloves, allspice and peppercorns; rub over turkey.
step 3: Place turkey in the oven and roast for about 1 hour until juices run clear.
step 4: Prepare a sauce by combining the cranberries and 2 cups water in a saucepan and bringing to a boil. Lower the heat and cook until cranberries begin to pop; add the orange juice. Combine the cornstarch or arrowroot with 2 tablespoons water and add to the sauce. Cook until thick and serve over sliced turkey.