Spicy Almond Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) jar red currant jelly
- ½ cup yellow mustard
- ½ cup blanched slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
step 1: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and saute for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 3: To skillet add jelly, mustard, almonds, sugar, juice and cinnamon. Stir together and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until jelly dissolves. Pour mixture over chicken.
step 4: Cover dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink inside).