Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
step 1: In a bowl, stir 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon cornstarch until smooth. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
step 2: In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and pepper flakes; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
step 3: Heat remaining oil; stir-fry broccoli, onion and garlic for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Combine broth, ginger and remaining soy sauce and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Add to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and walnuts; heat through.