Spicy Chicken Thai Noodle Soup Recipe
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 large stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ tablespoon dried sage
- ½ tablespoon poultry seasoning
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ (12 ounce) package dried rice noodles
step 1: In a slow cooker on low heat, combine chicken broth, wine, water, onion, green onion, garlic, carrots, celery, salt, black pepper, curry, sage, poultry seasoning, oregano and cayenne.
step 2: In a skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil until brown. Stir into slow cooker.
step 3: Cook soup 8 hours on low or 5 hours on high.
step 4: About halfway through the cooking time, stir in the red pepper. 15 minutes prior to serving, stir in the noodles.