Spicy Chocolate Cake Recipe
- SPICY CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- 1 cup NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted* and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons ORTEGA® Diced Jalapenos
- RICH CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 3 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 (1 ounce) packets NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Choco Bake Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
step 2: FOR SPICY CHOCOLATE CAKE: BEAT granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat for 1 minute. Beat in melted chocolate. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; beat into chocolate mixture alternately with milk. Stir in jalapenos. Pour into two well-greased 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
step 3: BAKE in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan(s) for 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack(s) to cool completely.
step 4: FOR RICH CHOCOLATE FROSTING: BEAT powdered sugar, milk, butter, Choco Bake, vanilla extract and salt in small mixer bowl until mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost cake.