Spicy Dry Fried Curry Chicken Recipe
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 leaves fresh curry
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
step 1: Clean, and cut chicken into 12 to 14 pieces. Place chicken in a large bowl, and season with turmeric powder, coriander powder, black pepper, chili powder, and salt. Cover bowl, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
step 2: Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Fry mustard seeds, fenugreek, onion, cumin seeds, and curry leaves inn oil for about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and ginger pastes, and cook for another 2 minutes. Add chicken and water, stir, and cover with lid. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
step 3: Stir in coconut milk, and cook until almost dry. Stir to keep the chicken from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Stir in lime juice, and cook until dry.