Spicy Peanut Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, sliced
step 1: Mix broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and red pepper; set aside.
step 2: Heat wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add oil; rotate wok to coat side. Add chicken, garlic and gingerroot; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add bell pepper; stir-fry 1 minute.
step 3: Add broth mixture to wok. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Stir in peanuts. Sprinkle with onions.