Spicy Peruvian Pork Recipe
- 2 ½ pounds boneless pork shoulder, cubed
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
step 1: Place pork into a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, cumin, turmeric, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over the pork, and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
step 2: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove pork from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and place in the hot skillet. Cook until nicely browned on the outside. Add orange juice, 1/2 cup water, dried onion, and the reserved marinade. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the pork is fork tender.
step 3: In a small cup, stir together the flour and 2 tablespoons of water. Stir into the skillet, and simmer uncovered until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes.