Spicy Pizza Soup Recipe
- 1 ⅜ pounds hot Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 pound pepperoni sausage, sliced
- 3 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes with garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 cups water
- 1 ½ cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
step 1: In a large saucepan, place the hot Italian sausage, pepperoni sausage, green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water. Bring to a boil. Boil 30 minutes, reduce heat and simmer 90 minutes.
step 2: During the final 15 minutes of cooking, stir in the elbow macaroni.
step 3: Top with mozzarella and serve.