Spicy Pork and Cabbage Recipe
- 1 small head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 pounds bone-in pork roast
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Place cabbage and olive oil in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Spread coated cabbage in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish and top with peppercorns. Add water just to cover.
step 3: In a large shallow dish or bowl combine the garlic powder, pepper, salt, parsley and Cajun spice. Mix together. Roll pork in spice mixture and place on top of cabbage. Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until almost done; when done, internal temperature of pork reaches 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Stir tomato paste into cabbage mixture and bake another 15 to 20 minutes. (Note: Baking time will vary depending on size of roast.)