Spicy Sausage and Rice Casserole Recipe
- 28 ounces fresh, ground spicy pork sausage
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 slice onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a skillet, brown sausage and drain grease. Stir in rice, onion, garlic and peppers. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Pour into 9x13 inch pan.
step 3: Bake for 1 hour or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Or, at this step, you can cover and freeze it.