Spicy Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chili or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole straw mushrooms, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained, if desired
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup snow (Chinese) pea pods
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups shredded Chinese (napa) cabbage
- 2 teaspoons chili puree with garlic
step 1: Heat wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add oil; rotate wok to coat side. Add gingerroot; stir-fry 30 seconds.
step 2: Add mushrooms, corn, bamboo shoots, bell pepper, pea pods and cilantro; stir-fry about 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cabbage. Stir in chili puree; cook and stir 30 seconds.