Spinach-Stuffed Steak Recipe
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak
step 1: In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well.
step 2: Cut steak horizontally from a long edge to within 1/2 in. of opposite edge; open (like a book) and flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Spread spinach mixture over the steak to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
step 3: Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30-45 minutes longer or until tender. Let stand for 10-15 minutes. Cut into 1/2-in. slices.