Spinach Cheese Bites Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped or pressed garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups Asiago, Parmesan or pepper jack cheese
- 16 Keebler® Townhouse® Crackers
- Garnish: diced red or yellow bell pepper
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; stir a few seconds until fragrant. Add spinach, Italian herb seasoning and salt; stir and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
step 2: Drain spinach in small sieve or colander, pressing out liquid with back of spoon. Place spinach between paper towels and pat dry. Turn into small bowl and stir in cheese. Place crackers on baking sheet. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons spinach mixture on each cracker. Bake for 5 minutes or until hot. Garnish each with diced bell pepper. Serve warm.