Spinach Salad with Curry Vinaigrette Recipe
- ¼ pound slab bacon
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 9 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 cups flat leaf spinach - rinsed, dried and stems removed
- 12 fresh mushrooms, sliced
step 1: Trim the rind from the bacon and cut into 1 inch cubes. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until brown and crispy. Cover and reduce heat to lowest setting to keep bacon warm.
step 2: In a small, dry skillet, toast curry powder over medium heat, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
step 3: In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar and mustard. Add oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly, until the oil is completely incorporated. Add curry powder and whisk until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
step 4: In a large bowl, toss together the bacon, spinach, mushrooms and vinaigrette until evenly coated. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.