Spinach Stromboli Recipe
- 1 package STOUFFER'S® frozen Creamed Spinach, defrosted
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, thoroughly cooked, drained and crumbled
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Olive or vegetable oil
step 1: ROLL bread dough into 10 x 15-inch rectangle on foil-lined and greased baking sheet.
step 2: COMBINE Creamed Spinach and flour in medium bowl; add cooked sausage, peppers and cheese. Spread mixture on top of dough rectangle to within one inch from edges.
step 3: ROLL dough up as for jelly roll, starting at long edge. Place stromboli in center of baking sheet, keeping seam side down and tucking ends under. Cut four diagonal slits into top of stromboli to allow filling to show through.
step 4: BAKE in preheated 350 degrees F. oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until brown. Brush with oil.