Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large peeled chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (10 ounce) cans ORTEGA® Enchilada Sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups SARGENTO® Fancy Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
step 2: HEAT 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot, onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until carrot is crisp-tender. Add spinach and mushrooms; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is cooked through and mushrooms are soft. Stir in 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Pour remaining enchilada sauce in small skillet; heat until warm.
step 3: HEAT 1/4 cup vegetable oil in separate small skillet over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Pass tortillas, using tongs, through oil to soften; add more oil as needed. Place on paper towels to soak. Pass tortillas through enchilada sauce in skillet.
step 4: PLACE 1/4 cup vegetable mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam-side down in 12 x 8-inch baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.