Spring Vegetable Paella Recipe
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups broccoli flowerets
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups cooked brown or regular long-grain rice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
step 1: Cook asparagus and broccoli in enough boiling water to cover in 2-quart saucepan about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
step 2: Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook asparagus, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini and onion in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is crisp-tender.
step 3: Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot.