Springtime Spinach Salad Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 5 cups fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- ½ mandarin orange, peeled and segmented
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 dash garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
step 1: Place the eggs in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from hot water and cool. Peel, chop, and set aside.
step 2: Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium high heat until crisp and evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
step 3: In a large bowl, toss together the eggs, bacon, spinach, mushrooms, strawberries, onion, kiwi, and orange.
step 4: In a separate bowl, mix the ketchup, water, olive oil, brown sugar, cider vinegar, and brown mustard. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour over the salad mixture, and top the salad with croutons.