Squash and Apple Soup Recipe
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped toasted pecans
step 1: In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add squash, apples, potato, ginger and pepper; stir in water. Cover and bring to boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
step 2: In food processor or blender, puree soup, in batches if necessary, until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in apple cider and brown sugar; heat to boiling. Garnish with dollop of yogurt and sprinkle with pecans.