St. Louis Toasted Ravioli Recipe
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 (25 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli, thawed
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
step 1: Combine milk and egg in a small bowl. Place breadcrumbs and if desired, salt in a shallow bowl. Dip ravioli in milk mixture, and coat with breadcrumbs.
step 2: In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce over medium heat until bubbling. Reduce the heat to simmer.
step 3: In a large heavy pan, pour oil to depth of 2 inches. Heat oil over medium heat until a small amount of breading sizzles and turns brown. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, 1 minute on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately with hot marinara sauce.