Stack of Onion Rings Recipe
- 1 quart safflower oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 large Spanish onions, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rings
step 1: Heat safflower oil in a large, heavy skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: Mix together flour and baking powder in a small bowl. In another bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream. Place seasoned bread crumbs on a medium, flat dish. Dust Spanish onion rings with flour mixture. Dip one at a time into egg mixture. Coat thoroughly with bread crumbs.
step 3: Fry coated rings in the hot oil, a few at a time, until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels.