Stir-Fried Chicken With Pineapple and Peppers Recipe
- ¼ cup reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweetened Asian wine)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oil, preferably sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 6 large green onions, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pepper strips
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple in juice
- ¼ cup sliced almonds (optional)
step 1: Combine first six ingredients; stir well.
step 2: Heat oil in a large skillet and stir-fry chicken until brown and done, about 5 minutes. Remove. Add green onions, peppers and pineapple to the skillet; heat through. Pour in sauce and stir until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Serve with brown rice; top with optional almonds.