Stir-Fried Chicken with Tofu and Mixed Vegetables Recipe
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 medium green onion, diced
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili paste with garlic
step 1: In a medium bowl, mix the soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and rice wine. Place the green onion and chicken in the mixture. Allow to marinate at least 15 minutes.
step 2: In a wok over medium-high heat, cook and stir the chicken with the marinade mixture about 5 minutes until almost done. Toss in the garlic, onion, and peppers. Continue to cook and stir 5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp but tender and chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
step 3: Mix the tofu, water, oyster sauce, and chili paste into the wok. Cook and stir until heated through.