Stir-Fried Vegetables with Chicken or Pork Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced napa cabbage
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons mushroom soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
step 1: Heat oil in a wok or large heavy skillet. Add chicken or pork (see Cook's Note), garlic, and oyster sauce, and stir-fry for 10 minutes.
step 2: Stir in broccoli, green pepper, carrots, cabbage, celery, bean sprouts, zucchini, and green onions. Season with salt, and stir-fry for 6 to 8 minutes.
step 3: In a small bowl, mix together water, soy sauce and cornstarch. Stir into vegetables, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.