Stir Fried Noodles with Cabbage Recipe
- 8 ounces dry Chinese noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cups thinly sliced Chinese cabbage
- 2 carrots, grated
step 1: Cook and drain noodles as directed on package. Toss noodles and sesame oil. Mix sherry, oyster sauce, sugar and pepper.
step 2: Heat 12-inch skillet or wok over high heat. Add vegetable oil; rotate skillet to coat side.
step 3: Add garlic and gingerroot; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, cabbage and carrots; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in sherry mixture. Toss noodles and vegetable mixture, using 2 forks.