Stir Fried Sesame Vegetables with Rice Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a saucepan combine broth, rice and margarine. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
step 2: Place sesame seeds on a small baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown; set aside. Meanwhile, heat peanut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until very hot. Add asparagus, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but crisp. Stir in soy-sauce and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds. Serve over rice.