- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- ¼ cup ditalini pasta
- 3 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan. Add onion and garlic; cook till onion is soft. Add chicken strips and cook 2-3 minutes or till no longer pink. Add broth, water, spinach, and pasta. Cover, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer covered 5-7 minutes till chicken and pasta are cooked.
step 2: Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and both peppers.
step 3: Bring soup back to a boil, and add egg mixture in a slow steady stream, using a back and forth motion. Remove from heat as soon as egg has set. Pour into 4 bowls, sprinkle each serving with cheese.