Strawberry Cake and Frosting II Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 cup mashed strawberries
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- ¼ cup mashed strawberries
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
step 2: In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin mix. Make a well in the center and pour in 1 cup mashed strawberries, oil, eggs and sweetened condensed milk. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut and chopped nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
step 3: Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
step 4: To make the frosting: In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, melted margarine, 1/4 cup mashed strawberries and 1/4 cup coconut. Beat until smooth and spread over cake.