Strawberry Pretzel Pie Recipe
- 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- ¾ cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored Jell-O®
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened strawberries (do not thaw)
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium bowl mix together crushed pretzels, melted margarine, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press mixture firmly into bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely.
step 3: In a medium mixing bowl, beat together softened cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until smooth and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping and spread mixture evenly onto cooled crust.
step 4: Place gelatin in a medium heat-proof bowl and pour in boiling water. Stir gently until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add frozen strawberries and continue to stir until mixture begins to thicken. Chill until semi-firm but still pourable. Pour gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.