Strawberry Soup II Recipe
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces prepared pound cake, cubed
- 12 sprigs fresh mint
step 1: Rinse strawberries with cool water to clean and then pat dry to absorb excess water. Remove strawberry stems and set aside 12 for later use.
step 2: In a large bowl, combine remaining strawberries, whipped topping, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar. With an electric mixer, mix on low speed for 5 to 7 minutes or until sugar has dissolved completely and mixture is smooth. Add sour cream and mix 1 minute. Place in refrigerator to chill.
step 3: Toast pound cake cubes under broiler for approximately 6 minutes, turning once to brown both sides.
step 4: Serve soup in chilled bowls and garnish with whole strawberries, pound cake croutons and fresh mint sprigs.