Strawberry Spinach Salad III Recipe
- 10 ounces fresh spinach - chopped, washed and dried
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
step 1: In a large bowl, combine the spinach, dill and strawberries. Refrigerate until chilled.
step 2: In a large glass jar with tight fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, dry mustard and cayenne pepper. Shake well until sugar is dissolved.
step 3: Pour dressing over chilled fruit and greens; toss to coat and sprinkle with sesame seeds.