Stroganoff Sandwich Recipe
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French or Italian-style bread
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced in rings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Cut loaf in half. Wrap in foil and heat at in a preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees) oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
step 2: In a large skillet over medium-high cook beef and green onions until beef is cooked through; drain. Stir in milk, garlic powder, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Heat but do not let boil.
step 3: Butter cut surface of bread. Spread with half of meat mixture on each half. Arrange tomatoes and green bell pepper alternately on top and sprinkle with cheese.
step 4: Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 5 minutes or until heated through completely.