Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Gouda and Spinach Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
step 1: To Make Smoked Gouda-Spinach Stuffing: Combine all stuffing ingredients. Mix together.
step 2: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
step 3: Remove bones from chicken breasts. Do not remove skin. Loosen skin from chicken breasts.
step 4: Make desired stuffing. Spread one-fourth of the stuffing evenly between meat and skin of each chicken breast. Smooth skin over breasts, tucking under loose areas. Place chicken, skin sides up, in pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with margarine.
step 5: Bake uncovered 45 to 55 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.