Stuffed Chiles in Ranch Sauce Recipe
- RANCH SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar ORTEGA® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- STUFFED CHILES
- 2 (7 ounce) cans ORTEGA® Whole Green Chiles
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1x2-inch strips
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
step 1: HEAT vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in salsa, water, bouillon, bay leaves, cinnamon and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Remove bay leaves and cinnamon stick pieces.
step 2: STUFF each chile (being careful not to break skins) with cheese. Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Whisk egg yolks in small bowl until creamy. Fold egg yolks and flour into egg whites until just combined.
step 3: ADD vegetable oil to 1-inch depth in medium skillet; heat over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Dip chiles in batter until well coated. Place in oil; fry, turning frequently with tongs, until golden brown. Remove from skillet; place on paper towels to soak. Serve with Ranch Sauce.