Stuffed Crimini Mushrooms with Gruyere Recipe
- 36 crimini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup minced shallot
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 fluid ounces lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 5 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese
step 1: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add mushrooms, and cook for about 3 minutes. Drain, and set aside to cool.
step 2: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, shallot, garlic, parsley, and chives. Cover, and let the vegetables sweat for a few minutes to release the aromas. Remove from heat, and stir in the breadcrumbs and lemon juice.
step 3: Preheat the oven's broiler. Scoop out the mushroom caps, and fill with the bread crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet. Top with shredded cheese.
step 4: Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve hot.